Roland DG Introduces VersaUV LEF2-300 Benchtop Flatbed UV Printer
Hamamatsu, Japan, September 2, 2019 - Roland DG Corporation, a leading manufacturer of wide format inkjet printers and printer cutters, today announced the VersaUV LEF2-300 benchtop UV flatbed printer will be rolled out worldwide. The LEF2-300 is the newest model in the LEF2 series, delivering 1.5-times the print area and print speed of the recently released LEF2-200. It also comes with a range of new functions that make it even easier and more efficient to use.
The LEF2-300 uses UV-LED lamps to instantly cure ink on the surface of materials with UV light, so that photos, graphics and fine text can be printed onto PVC, plastics, canvas, wood, leather, fabric, and other materials with unmatched print quality. Using Clear (transparent) ink produces premium gloss and matte finishes that can be applied in multiple layers for a simulated embossing look and textures that seem amazingly lifelike. UV ink is designed for flexibility and can be used on soft materials such as leather and fabric. The 770 (W) x 330 (D) x100 (H) mm print area of the LEF2-300, combined with its four print heads and two UV lamps, ensures enhanced productivity.
According to Kohei Tanabe, President of Roland DG's Digital Printing Business Division, new features make printing easier and quicker. “A Multiple Print Function prints the same data again by simply pressing a button on the control panel and a Printer Status Monitor checks the operating status of multiple printers in real-time to promote efficient performance when printing large volumes.”
“As lifestyles and preferences become increasingly varied, the demand for making one-of-a-kind items or high-mix, small-batch runs, continues to grow,” Kohei said. “The LEF2 series is designed to meet such demand. The devices are capable of on-demand printing quickly onto a diverse range of materials. The addition of the LEF2-300 to the series lineup gives even more customers the ability to print amazing graphics and lifelike textures. We aim to develop more products that encourage customer creativity in order to boost business growth.”
The LEF2-300 comes with a range of new functions that make it even easier and more efficient to use:
- Print stunning, premium-quality photos, graphics and fine text onto PVC, plastics, canvas, wood, leather, fabric, and other materials with unmatched print quality.
- In addition to CMYK, clear ink produces premium gloss and matte finishes for unique textured effects, and white ink is available to ensure colours pop on dark or clear substrates.
- Optional on-board primer increases efficiency by prepping the surface of materials like acrylic and plastic for full-colour customisation.
- A 770 (W) x 330 (D) x100 (H) mm print area, combined with four print heads and two UV lamps, ensures enhanced productivity.
- A height tolerance of 2mm allows printing onto curved and irregular shapes, and an optional rotary axis jig is available for printing onto bottles and other cylindrical objects.
- An automatic media height system for detecting the thickness of the substrate.
- A Head Refresh Feature removes any ink remaining on the print heads and cleans the print head surface to maintain the health of the printer.
- Should a print head clog, a new Nozzle Mask function allows printing to continue while using the remaining part of the print head.
- A Multiple Print function allows users to perform the next print just by pressing the start button on the machine, without returning to the software.
- A Start Timer function lets users set a time to automatically complete the set-up procedures so the machine is ready to load materials and print straight away.
- “Roland DG Printer Status Monitor" allows users to instantly check the operation status of multiple printers, including printing, waiting, and emergency stop errors on a monitor.
- A built-in vacuum table efficiently and accurately secures thin materials and delicate media.
- Bundled Roland VersaWorks 6 RIP software includes Special Colour Layer Generation for quick and easy printing operation.
To find out more, go to: www.rolanddg.com.au/lef2series